Chest Seal is an advanced occlusive dressing designed to treat open chest wounds. Penetrating injuries to the chest that result in open chest wounds may lead to tension pneumothorax, the second leading cause of preventable death on the battlefield. Chest Seals are specifically designed with a medical grade hydrogel adhesive strong enough to adhere to skin that is exposed to blood, sweat, hair, sand or water.
About this item
- 【Respiratory Treatment】This RHINO RESCUE vented chest seal is applied for immediate treatment of penetrating injuries to the chest, preventing lung collapsing.
- 【3-Vent】3-channel design prevents airflow into the chest cavity during inspiration while allowing air to escape through the channel during exhalation.
- 【Strong Adhesion】Advanced adhesive technology ensures a superior seal in the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties.
- 【Easy Application】Two-tab is easy to grip in emergency. The first responder can apply and peel it in single step, allowing burping of the wound if necessary. Transparent backing allows you to check the trauma wound anytime.
- 【Size】 Small package: H 6" x W 3.75", easy to fit in your tactical IFAK bag. Chest seal size: H 6.5" x W 6.5".